General Terms and Conditions (AGB) – Classic Vocal Studio KlG
1. The school year is divided into 2 semesters: “Spring Semester” - February 1st to July 31st and “Fall Semester” - August 1st to January 31st. It is possible to join the CVS any time during a semester.
2. A semester comprises of 10 lessons (once every 2 weeks) or 20 lessons (weekly), with lessons lasting 30, 45 or 60 minutes.
3. The date and time of the lessons are to be agreed upon between the student and the teacher. In most cases, a lesson takes place on a fixed day and time of the week. This time slot is reserved for the student. In exceptional cases, a lesson can be rescheduled, dependent upon the teacher’s availability. Otherwise, unattended lessons are forfeit. Lesson times suggested by CVS are reserved for 24 hours by the teacher. If the student fails to give confirmation, the reserved lesson becomes available for other students.
4. On bank holidays, the studio is closed. Lessons that were scheduled on bank holidays are moved to other dates. Bank holidays include: Ascension Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Pentecost, May 1st and August 1st.
1. The contract between the student and CVS becomes vaild upon registration for the first lesson. The contract is valid for unlimited time until termination by the student.
2. After registration, the student receives an invoice for the entire semester or for the remaining lessons of the current semester. The invoice for the following semester is sent to the student at the end of the previous semester either by post or by e-mail according to the student's preference.
3. Upon registration with CVS, a student has the right to one trial lesson and/or one trial abonnement. After that, another abonnement must be chosen.
1. The semester fee includes services in accordance with the chosen abonnement.
2. The student can choose to pay the semester fee either in single payment or by monthly instalments – students should bear in mind that the latter option incurs extra charges (see Price List).
3. The semester fee is to be paid within 30 days after receiving the invoice.
4. In the event of an overdue payment, the student will receive a reminder from CVS, with a surcharge of 10 CHF for the 1st reminder, 20.- for the 2nd reminder and 50.- for the 3rd reminder).
5. If, after the reminder, the payment remains overdue, the lessons are suspended until the payment is made. The lessons cancelled in this way are forfeited and the fee is not reimbursed.
Holidays and Cancellation of
1. Information regarding holidays of the teaching staff can be found on the website (see Holidays and Bank Holidays); otherwise, the teachers will inform their students in person of absences. If a lesson is cancelled by the teacher, it will be rescheduled within the same semester. The new time and date for the lesson are agreed upon between the student and the teacher. If necessary, CVS has the right to provide a substitute teacher. Teachers may teach on holidays if, for example, they need to catch up on lessons.
2. If a student is not able to attend a lesson, they have to inform their teacher at least 24 hours in advance by telephone or email. If a student fails to do so, the lesson is forfeited and the fee is not reimbursed. A duly cancelled lesson may be moved to another date. The maximum number of cancellations by a student is once per semester in the case of the Mezzopiano and Trial Abonnements and twice per semester in the case of Mezzoforte Abonnements. Duly cancelled lessons are to be caught up on within the same semester; otherwise, they are forfeited at the end of the semester. If the student cancles a catch-up lesson, the lesson in forfeit and the fee is not reimbursed. This rule does not apply to students with Forte and Fortissimo Abonnements.
1. A student may end their studies with CVS at the end of a semester. They must inform CVS about the termination in writing up until one month before the end of a semester. The deadlines for this are therefore June 30th or December 31st. If the student fails to give notice duly, they incur all fees for the upcoming semester.
Swiss law applies. The sole court of jurisdiction is Zurich, Switzerland.
Oberdorfstrasse 8, 8001 Zürich
+41 76 235 71 33